Friday, September 12, 2008

Pecan, Craisan Chicken Salad


I didn't have to cook dinner last night as I ate out at Station 22 on Sullivan's Island. It was wonderful. I had arugula salad with fried goat cheese and a small plate of corn bread encrusted fried oysters. There is nothing better than a fried oyster. Normally I prefer them on top of a Ceasar salad but a review online indicated if you eat at Station 22 that they are a must. They did not dissapoint.


My family on the otherhand had pizza. Pizza which they deemed "not as good as yours mom" and "this is no Andolini's pizza." Makes a mom feel good.


Yesterday for lunch I was looking through the refrigerator and realized I had left over chicken from the whole chicken I made last week. I figured if I didn't eat it soon it would be bad. I grabbed the chicken, some celery, and green onions (scallions) out of the fridge and went to the pantry. I had some craisans and pecans and then I remembered I had cut up a pear for my son the other day and he didn't eat it.


A little chopping and dicing and I had an awesome chicken salad. Rather than eating it on bread I put it on a piece of Romaine lettuce and rolled it up. It was yummo!!!



Pecan-Craisan Chicken Salad

2-3 cups cooked chicken

3 stalks celery

2 green onions

1/4 cup Craisans

1/4 pecans (chopped)

1 medium pear cut into bite size pieces

large tablespoon of Dukes Light Mayo

salt and pepper to taste


Cut up chicken breast into 1/2-1 inch pieces

and place in bowl. Add diced celery and chopped

green onions. Chop pecans and add with Craisans to

the bowl. Peel the pear and cut into bite sized pieces and toss

them in. Mix all the ingredients and then add a spoonful of

Dukes Light Mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste.


I get tonight off as well as my and my husband are going to see the comedian Ron White. Hopefully he can keep himself out of jail during his stay in Charleston as he was arrested 2 nights ago before a show in Florida!


Have a wonderful day and Life is Good!

No comments:

Search Engine